Tales for Very Picky Eaters
Written and illustrated by Josh Schneider
Published by Scholastic Clarion Books, an imprint of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company
Reading Level: Ages 6 and up
Tales for Very Picky Eaters is the winner of the Theodor Seuss Geisel Award. The Geisel award is given annually to the author(s) and illustrator(s) of the most distinguished American book for beginning readers published in English in the United States. The winner(s), recognized for their literary and artistic achievements that demonstrate creativity and imagination to engage children in reading, receives a bronze medal. The award is named for the world-renowned children’s author, Theodor Geisel.
Are you a picky eater? I know I am not a picky eater. I love to try new things, but I happen to know a lot of very, very picky eaters. If you are one of those picky eaters, then this is the book for you! James is also a picky eater. His dad expects him to eat disgusting broccoli, smelly lasagna, repulsive milk, lumpy oatmeal, and slimy eggs! Yuck! James does not want to eat any of this stuff! James’s dad tells him why he should eat the food but doesn’t force him. In the end James decides that maybe it is better to just eat what is in front of him. He does eventually start getting smart to his dad’s trick, but he ends up learning a good lesson about trying new things. You should never be afraid to try new things because you just might like them. I really enjoyed reading this story. I found it to be very clever and also very funny. I think any adult and child would really enjoy this book.

No comments:
Post a Comment