Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I Broke My Trunk!

I Broke My Trunk!
Written and illustrated by: Mo Willems
Published by: Hyperion Books for Children, an imprint of Disney Book Group
Reading Level: Ages 4 and up


I Broke My Trunk! is a Geisel Honor Book.  I found this story to be really funny.  I really enjoyed this book.  This book is part of the an Elephant and Piggie series.  In this book Piggie hasn't seen Gerald the Elephant.  When he does see him, he finds out that Gerald has broken his trunk.  When he asks how it happened, Gerald tell him it is a long story.  Piggie still wants to hear it and Gerald tells it.  When I finished the book, I was laughing.  I thought how Gerald broke his trunk was really funny.  The ending is even funnier.  Hopefully this book will make every child and adult laugh.  The pictures in this book are also really good.  I enjoyed how the pictures didn't take up the whole page yet still captured me.  I also liked how the text is organized into comment bubbles.  This book is perfect for the beginning reader and even an experienced reader. 

No comments:

Post a Comment